Greek Translation Services
With a historic record dating back 3400 years Greek is a truly ancient language and is also the oldest recorded language presently in use. It is spoken by around 13 million people, predominantly in Greece and Cyprus, where it is also the official language of the state. It also has a minor presence in parts of Italy, Ukraine, Albania and Armenia and with Greek speakers also having presence in Americas and Australia. Greek is also coveted as an official European Union official language.
About Greek Language
The Modern Greek is usually believed to have evolved around 1453 at the fall of Byzantine Empire. The Modern Greek includes the following varieties:
There have been changes in the Modern Greek from its classical form, both in morphology as well as syntax, where as it lost some and gained some features. While the features lost are dative case; optative mood; infinitive; dual numbers; etc. the features gained include gerund; modal particle; auxiliary verb forms and aspectual distinction of the future tense.
Although the Greek culture is considered accepting and warm, they do tend to be not very trusting of foreigners. Building trusted relations is the key for having good business relations in the Greek world. Businessmen who want to create their presence and grow their business in the Greek market would be wise to know and practice proper Greek etiquettes during their interactions. Few tips for Greek business etiquettes are:
- Since Greeks have a very expressive and demonstrative culture, there can be lots of emotion in the talks and physical contact.
- It is polite to shake hands with your counterparts both at the beginning and the end of the meeting and addressing them formally.
- Avoid getting impatient while dealing with Greeks as they conduct their business at a slow pace.
- Respect the seniority across the board.
- Be punctual on your part, although you can easily expect the meeting to both start and end behind schedule.
- You can expect some small talk to start the conversation before moving over to the agenda.
- The agenda can easily shift during the meeting to explore possibilities and you can also encounter many people speaking at the same time.
- Greeks generally like to know first the people they are associating with before doing business with them. Things will be better once the trust deficit is resolved.
Values that receive highest prominence in Greek cultures are:
Since Greek language can be hard to translate, it is imperative to use services provided by a translation service provider that is experienced and well-versed in Greek language translations for your business. It is advisable to employ a translation company with global presence and a team of Greek speakers, who are familiar with the Greek language specifics and socio-cultural nuances.
A project manager coordinates the Greek translation process from the beginning of the interaction to end and also allocates to the project the most appropriate Greek translators based on the context of the translation required. All work done by the Greek translations is proofread by editors to ensure accuracy.
How to contact us?
You can contact us 24×7 at +91-9319666453 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org a quick for any type of Greek to English and English to Greek Language Services including translation, interpretation, localization, voice-over, sub-titling, Software Localization, Website Localization, Games Localization, e-learning Programs, Dubbing Services and any other related services.