Chinese Translator in Dehradun Chinese Interpreter in Dehradun The City of Dehradun and Chinese Translation and Interpretation Services Dehradun, located at the foothills of the Shivalik hills, is the capital city of the state of Uttarakhand, India. It is a major transportation hub (railway line going from Delhi to the north of India ends here)….Read more
Chinese Translation Services in India
After coming into existence in around 1100 BCE, the Chinese language has evolved dramatically from its earlier forms. Originating from the language classified by linguists Proto-Sino-Tibetan, it has evolved to a varied and complex language system which includes 12 distinct spoken dialects.
Some of the most popular Chinese dialects along with the approximate number of speakers are:
- Mandarin, about 836 million people
- Wu, spoken, about 77 million people
- Cantonese, around 71 million people
- Min (including Taiwanese), about 60 million people
- Jin, around 45 million people
- Xiang, about 36 million people
- Hakka, around 34 million people
- Gan, about 31 million people
While these different dialects might be unintelligible from each other verbally, the written Chinese language has been standardized and uniformly understood throughout the region, regardless of the dialect that it is spoken in.
About Chinese Language
Historically being one of the most influential languages as it influenced the script of many languages in East Asian nations, today Chinese is one of the most widely used languages in the world. It is also a language that plays a important role in the present day global business transactions. China today is the third largest economy of the world and piped to soon become the second largest economy, next only to the United States of America. For the business and other interests looking to grow in the Chinese markets, the understanding of the language along with the cultural and business etiquettes is indispensable. Few important cultural and business nuances that one should be familiar with while dealing with Chinese are:
- Address your counterparts by their surname or by their official title.
- Do exchange your business card before the start of the meeting.
- Do read the business card that has been given to you before putting it away.
- Give a light and brief hand shake.
- Start the conversation with small talk before you start to talk turkey.
- Avoid any direct eye contact.
- Avoid offering any gifts as it might be considered as an attempt to bribe.
- Wherever possible, rather than straight away saying ‘NO’, show respect by saying something polite like “ I’ll think about it”
Traditional Chinese has been continuously used for centuries and has a writing system which is unique. Unlike the phonetic system of English language, the Traditional Chinese comes with an ideographic writing system made up of thousands of characters and each pictographic character or ideograph represents a syllable or a word which forms a meaningful unit of the script. Although Chinese language also supports a subject-verb-object oratory, the word order is loose in Chinese when compared to other languages. It also does not have plural markers like the ‘s’ in English, no articles and the sense of time is conveyed through time based expressions rather than the use of tense. In the Chinese language, the meaning is usually conveyed by the logic and connection with the context. The translation of Chinese needs highly specialized skills due to the fact that it is embedded into entirely distinct socio-cultural and socio-political sub stratums and has a distinct background in history.
Since Chinese language is hard to translate, it is imperative to use services provided by a translation service provider that is well experienced and well-versed in Chinese translations for your business needs. It is advisable to employ a translation company with global presence and a team of Chinese speakers, who are familiar with not only the Chinese language specifics but also the socio-cultural nuances.
A dedicated project manager coordinates the whole Chinese translation process right from the beginning of the interaction to end and also allocates to the project the most appropriate Chinese translators based on the context of the translation required. All work done by the Chinese translations is subsequently proofread by editors to ensure accuracy.
Chinese Language Services:
Guided by the exchange priority of information between the two nations, the Chinese translation service jobs in India are broadly classified under the following categories:
Translate & localize services
- Software localization
- Website translation
- Legal document translation
- CTD ( Common Technical Document)
- Investigator’s brochures
- Clinical study protocols
- Clinical study reports
- SAE (Serious Adverse Event) narrative
- Academic papers
- Simultaneous and consecutive interpretation
- On-site translation and QA session
- On-site Data entry and editing
- Tape transcription and subtitling
- Voice over recording
- Correspondence and secretarial services
Beside the above classification, the major fields/ sectors/ industries that require extensive Chinese translation services are:
- Legal and Patent: Publications; specifications; priority certificates; etc.
- Medical: Clinical studies, PMS, medical devices & academic papers, etc.
- Financial: Fund management reports, annual reports, disclosure materials, legal documents, etc.
- Industrial: Automotive, IT, software, Telecommunications, eLearning localization, etc.
- Entertainment: Computer, console and mobile based games, manga, animation, captioning & voice over other media content, etc.
Other Chinese Language Related Services Offered by Lingo Chaps:
- Chinese Interpretation (simultaneous, consecutive) Services
- Chinese Tour Guides
- Chinese Localization Services
- Chinese Voice-over Services
- Chinese Sub-titling
- Chinese Software Localization
- Chinese Website Localization
- Chinese Game Localization
- Chinese Dubbing Services
Where we offer our Chinese Language Translation Services?
Lingo Chaps offers all types of Chinese Language related services and jobs across India and the world including Agra, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amritsar, Aurangabad, Bangalore, Baroda, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bodh Gaya, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gandhinagar, Goa, Gurgaon, Gwalior, Haridwar, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Jalandhar, Jamshedpur, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Mysore, Nahsik, New Delhi, Patna, Pondicherry, Pune, Puri, Raipur, Ranchi, Rishikesh, Rourkela, Srinagar, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, Ujjain, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam, Vrindhavan.
How to contact us?
You can contact us 24×7 at +91-9319666453 or email at email@example.com for a quick quote for any type of Chinese to English and English to Chinese Language Services including translation, interpretation, localization, voice-over, sub-titling, Software Localization, Website Localization, Game Localization, Dubbing Services and any other services.